WE LOVE - LOVE SUNSCREENS
Why you should use sunscreen
Spring & Summer time the sun is shining brighter and longer than ever before. In these beautiful times of the year, it’s important to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
Sunscreen can help shield your skin from UV rays’ damaging impacts, such as skin cancer and early aging. A healthy skincare regimen must include sunscreen because it offers many advantages for your skin.
Sunscreen can offer:
1. It protects the skin from the sun’s UV rays by forming a barrier between the skin and the sun.
2. Reduces the risk of skin cancer.
3. Prevents wrinkles, fine lines, and early aging:
4. Appropriate for all skin types: To meet your unique needs, sunscreen is available in a variety of formulas, textures, and SPF levels.
How to apply sunscreen
1. Pick a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. Broad spectrum sunscreens protect both against UVA & UVB sun rays.
2. Use enough sunscreen if you want to achieve the necessary level of protection.
3. Apply sunscreen at least 15 to 30 minutes before going outside because it needs time to absorb into your skin and offer protection,
4. Reapply sunscreen every two hours: Sunscreen gradually loses its effectiveness, so it’s crucial to do so every two hours, or more frequently if you’re swimming, perspiring, or toweling off.
5. Avoid sun exposure during 10 am and 4 pm when sun rays are in their strongest level..
6. Always wear sunscreen even if it’s overcast outside or you’re inside,
Should sunscreen be used before or after moisturizer?
Sunscreen should often be applied after moisturizer because moisturizer hydrates your skin, preparing it for the application of sunscreen.
Furthermore, putting sunscreen last makes sure that it forms a shield over your skin, filtering out damaging UV radiation from the sun.
Is sunscreen necessary in the city?
Sunscreen is necessary n the city. The sun’s dangerous UV rays can even penetrate windows, so you may still be exposed to them while sitting close to a window, while going outside, driving your car.
In addition, aging and skin damage can also be caused by other environmental variables like pollution and blue light from electronic devices.
Sunscreen aids in keeping your skin healthy and radiant-looking while defending it against these external stresses.
Are after sun care products necessary?
After-sun treatments that are calming and moisturizing may be beneficial for skin that has been exposed to the sun. Spending time in the sun can cause your skin to become dry, itchy, and even irritated. After-sun treatments can relax and calm your skin
After sun products might benefit you with following:
1. Calming sunburn: If you have a sunburn, after-sun treatments can aid in calming the discomfort, itching, and burning sensations related to sunburns. They can also aid in reducing inflammation and redness.
2. Replenishing skin’s moisture: The sun can dry out your skin, but after-sun treatments can replenish your skin’s moisture and stop peeling.
3. Improving your tan: Certain post-sun creams have components that can help you keep your tan longer and make it look better.
4. Supplying antioxidants: Some after-sun treatments include antioxidants like vitamin E and green tea extract, which can assist in scavenging free radicals and defending your skin against further harm.
Discover all the Sun care cosmetics in The Olive Tree
Our sunscreens are specially formulated with high-quality ingredients to provide broad-spectrum protection against both UVA and UVB rays and nourishing antioxidants that help to soothe and repair your skin, leaving it looking and feeling healthy and radiant.
Discover our sun care collection here: